Keep your home cleaner and safer during COVID-19
With the Stay at Home guidelines in place over the past 4 months our homes are getting a real workout and they get dirty much faster. Just like washing our hands frequently, keeping on top of the hot spots in our home with disinfectant and tackling an area each day can help keep your home from getting out of control.
- Have the right equipment and cleaning supplies on hand so you can get to it quickly. A good vacuum, spin mop, swiffer, microfiber rags, duster and biodegradable sponges fit the bill. Choosing non-toxic, plant based, biodegradable products are better for you and the environment.
- Hit the hotspots daily with a clean cloth and spray bottle with OdoBan Disinfectant which can be found online or at Home Depot. The OdoBan makes the house smell fresh and clean and you’ll be confident your door handles and other high traffic surfaces are taken care of.
- Cleaning as you go helps keep things under control. Choose and rotate an area each day. Assign tasks to family members. Even young children should participate. Put things back where they belong. Dust, swifter or vacuuming main traffic areas every other day.
- Learn where the dust grows. Bedrooms around the bed, ceiling fans and baseboards are dust magnets. Every month pull the mattress and bed frame away from the wall and vacuum up all the dander. Vacuum the top of your mattress once a year.
- Clean top down by stating with ceiling fans, air vents, counters, cabinet fronts, baseboards and then floors. If you have a ProClean Back Vacuum you can maneuver pretty well and dust baseboards and vacuum the floor at the same time.
Having a professional cleaner come every two weeks can also help keep you energized to maintain your environment on a daily basis and have time for fun with the family. Be sure to have facial masks on hand for the family while the cleaners are in the house so everyone is safer and comfortable.